Glad you’re able to keep it from going up in flames.  You can’t imagine the
number of 74 and 75 MY cars I saw down here that burst into flames because all
the rubber bits deteriorated from the under hood temperatures.  It used to be
fairly common, even more so in this area because the climate accelerated the
issues.

Keep an eye out on Rock Auto.  Maybe they’ll have a closeout on some Bilstein
or Sachs shocks for it.  Currently they have Monroes for $33/each for the rear….

-D