Back when Rusty was in the process of selling out and closing his business, I
ordered 2 Bilstein regular duty shocks. He send me 2 Bilstein HD shocks.
I installed them on the rear anyway and the ride was the same as yours.
Now I need 2 for the front and I'm wondering if the regulars on the front will
play nice with the HD's on the back, or if I should get HD's for the front as
well?
Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 09:45:06 -0400
Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> People seem to get caught buying the HD Bilsteins from time to time.  I got a
> set for my former 300SD and hated them. They were so hard you could feel
> every little bump/crack/rock in the road.  In a car that was more of a high
> performance sort of vehicle I could see it, but not in an S class.
>
> Knowing what I do now I always go for the standard Bilstein.  On a related
> note, a dealer tech I know says that rear shocks rarely ever wear out.  He
> said of all the (stock/original) rear shocks he’s replaced over 20+ years
> he’s hardly ever found a set that warranted replacement.
>
> -D
>

> > On Apr 10, 2018, at 9:36 AM, Meade Dillon via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > I put some KYB struts and shocks in SWMBO's Infiniti, and they ride almost
> > like rocks, WAY too stiff for me.  Not bad for short trips around town and
> > on smooth highway drives, but not at all suitable for a long day in the
> > car.  At the time it was hard to justify the $300 / strut cost from the
> > Stealership vs. about $80 from Rusty for the KYB, but now I know why...

> > Max
> > Charleston SC

---
http://www.avg.com