I have recently bought a couple from Newegg I think, I want to say HGTV brand (!) but that's not right, but it is something like that.  They got pretty good reviews for whatever that is worth. They were a bit more expensive than the Seagate and WDs which got poor reviews.  I'm not sure any of them are very good these days, some seem to be built better.

I would suggest getting 2 and putting them in external holders (cheap) and mirroring your HD to both of them so you have some reliability and redundancy.

DanP is probably one of our resident experts on this kind of stuff, see what he says

--FT