I took a 3 hour lunch break yesterday to check this out and bid on it.
https://www.copart.com/lot/27896988

It has the parts I need to fix my 2100 mile car that's slowly depreciating in
my garage.
(except for the side curtain airbags, seatbelts and hood)
It's the same color and bodywork, (slightly rare RS nose/tail/side ground
effects package) and even the same month of production, so there was a very
good chance of the black granite metallic paint matching.

I wanted it pretty bad until I saw the dent in the hood, still bid $2600 on it
at 2pm the day before the sale, I was the first person to even bother bidding
on it. By the time I got home last night it was sitting at $2650. By morning it
was $2700, which means that yesterday some other retail idiot with access to a
pro account kept raising his bid by $50 until he beat me and then somebody else
outbid him overnight. Sold for $4550, which is a lot more than I paid for my
less damaged 2016. That makes the 2nd time I found a RS the right color, and
the 2nd time it went for at least 50% more than I expected. I'm not going to
pay over $5500 out the door for a parts car and then buy seat belts and airbags
too. Somebody must have really wanted to restore it.

Mitch.