Any of our long term tech people have a good way to set up a bench test so I
can figure out if the instrument cluster parts for pre-1992 are working?   I
picked up a cluster from a w116 that could swap into my SL.   My clock does not
function and the tach is slow.  Only spins up to 2500 top.  This replaced the
nonworking clock with tach that would swing and pop all over but never tell the
truth.

Speedo in this unit does spin up, but I think the odo is shot.  Stuck trip
meter and the odo is not seeming to click over.   I need to check fuel gauge
and temp.  If I can set up the test bench, I would be able to certify the other
dozed clusters living on my parts shelf.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers