All I know is my Windows PCs boot much faster after I replaced the HDs with
SSDs.
I know the SSD can fail suddenly but I've had HDs do that too.  I'm kind of
anal about backup with files backed up locally and in the cloud as well as (at
least) weekly drive images.  My backups are all automated so it's fairly
painless.