Windows 10: Hit the Windows button or click on the Window Icon on the task
bar, Just above the Power Icon there should be a gear icon. That is the new
Settings interface. Click that and you will bring up "Settings" however I
don't have 10 on a laptop, so not sure which control panel will have the
setting you are looking for.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 5:50 PM, archer75--- via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Did you try the video program on your OS? It usually has brightness
> settings. On Windows 7 you can find it on the control panel via the Windows
> button in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I don't know where it
> is on Windows 10.
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 10:07:04 -0400
> Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone have an HP EliteBook?  I can't figure out how to adjust the
> > brightness.  When using the fn + F10 toggle it won't brighten or dim.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 3:26 AM, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes <
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > > All I know is my Windows PCs boot much faster after I replaced the HDs
> > > with SSDs.
> > > I know the SSD can fail suddenly but I've had HDs do that too.  I'm
> kind
> > > of anal about backup with files backed up locally and in the cloud as
> well
> > > as (at least) weekly drive images.  My backups are all automated so
> it's
> > > fairly painless.

"Das beste oder nichts." - *Gottlieb Daimler*