On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 13:16:14 -0400 Dan Penoff via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> If I got newer rated windows installed it would knock another 25% off,
> however, I’m not going to replace windows anytime soon as the costs are
> stupid and mine are in good shape.

In our house in Los Alamos, we had the original 1959 steel casement
windows. Leaky and drafty. Cold in the winter. We replaced them. You
are right, the costs are stupid!

I think our costs were around $13,000. If you, by your "another 25% off"
could save $250/year, it would take 52 years to pay off from reduced
insurance costs alone.

Craig