Yes, it is.  Any time you can bring your home up to current hurricane codes you
realize significant savings.  Our house was built right around the time that
existing codes were updated, so when we bought it we insisted and paid for
what’s known as a “wind mitigation inspection”.  Essentially, it’s a very
detailed inspection that verifies the nailing schedule that was used for the
roof and tie down straps on the roof joists, along with the presence of metal
clips placed between roof decking panels to make them act as a complete unit as
opposed to individual sheets.

The new

You got the math, right, Craig.  I can’t imagine what it would cost to replace
my windows, but I’m betting it would be far more than $13k. Probably cheaper to
buy roll up hurricane shutters….

-D