I have scaled/climbed some of the tallest masts in the CONUS, and been on the
top of many a tall building, but if I don’t have a solid surface under me I’m
not going.  There’s a 1600’ TV transmitter mast about a mile south of me I
climbed back in the late 90s in my former career, and whenever I drive past it
I marvel at the fact that I did it.  That’s nearly 10 minutes going up in the
little open man lift in the middle, than another 100’ or so climb up a ladder.

I did this one outside of Fargo back in the early 90s when I was a much
younger//fitter man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVLY-TV_mast

I will say the view was spectacular.

-D