Listers,
While a project was ongoing in the shop, I parked the '83 240D out in the open
away from the trees. During the night a 30+ mile-per-hour wind came through and
blew bits of sap or whatever its called all over the car which left reddish
stains on the light tan finish. I washed the car but the stains remained. These
small bits of soft material probably came from oak trees since that is the
commonest kind here; although it could have come from other kinds since it was
a very strong wind.
The last waxing with 3M Show Car Wax (Thanks Dan!) is still intact.

The internet provides every possible solution imaginable; for example:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/removing-stains-made-leaves-sap-etc-657448/

https://www.google.com/search?q=oak+stains+car+finish&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

What to do?

Thanks,