Apparently, due to modern political correctness.... the public authorities
failed to sacrifice the required virgins and the volcano gods are angry....
Film at 11:00

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 7:52 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> nope.  That is how Pu'u O'o started.   See the first link in the prior
> email.   I got to see the fountain on Jan 3, 1983, and for several more
> days.  As I recall, HVO said it was over 200' high.
>
> Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
>
>> Any chance of a pyroclastic eruption?  Or just oozy aa lava?
>>
>> On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 5:13 PM, Craig via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I'm sure Loren will be interested, but people are being evacuated on
>>> Hawaii's Big Island because of a volcanic eruption.
>>>
>>> I've been watching the earthquake page at
>>> https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map for some time now and
>>> noticed
>>> a LOT of small earthquakes on the southeast side of the Big Island
>>> yesterday. There were 433 earthquakes there in the last week, including
>>>
>>> M 5.0 - 18km S of Fern Acres, Hawaii
>>> Time      2018-05-03 14:30:56 (UTC-06:00)
>>> Location  19.344°N 155.070°W
>>> Depth      6.9 km.
>>>
>>> http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/38087728/puna-warned-
>>> series-of-quakes-could-indicate-eruption-is-possible
>>>     New Kilauea eruption triggers house fires as hundreds evacuate area
>>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5689799/
>>> Evacuations-ordered-Hawaiian-volcano-spews-lava-residential-area-days-