Long story but a recent car accident here in the news happened between a F150 - probably 2006 or so judging by the photo in the paper - and an older VW Jetta. Woman in the Jetta made a u-turn on a 4 lane street with a median and got clobbered by the truck. She misjudged his speed and I hear that he was doing about double the speed limit so maybe easy for her to do so.

In any event, the truck apparently suffered no damage that intruded into the passenger compartment. The car did not fare so well. Back bumper is now touching the back of the driver's seat. She got hurt but survived. He was not injured so far as I know. Good thing there was no-one in the back seat.

Bigger is better for the most part when vehicles tangle.