We had a Westinghouse full size stacking front load washer and dryer new when my wife and I were married in 1973. It was a good unit. Caused us very little trouble. Unfortunately, I listened to someone that I should have been more fortunate to avoid. (How is that for an odd statement?) Essentially what happened was that along about 1984 one of the units (dryer maybe) needed some part and I went to a local supplier looking for the piece. I got the part but was told that they were obsolete and that parts were very difficult to get. Then the washer acted up, and since we had a new baby in the house, my wife  decided we were getting a new washer and dryer. I took the washer apart and found out that it was just full of cobwebs and dust. Cleaned it with the vacuum cleaner and it ran fine. I sold the stacking setup to the manager at my bank for her daughter and I understand they had years of good service from it.  I later learned that there was no problem getting parts and that the fool who told me there was did not know what he was talking about. He did not work for a place that sold machines so he was not trying to sell me a new one. I think he just did not know.

RB