Yep. Archer Road and 39th were two lane country roads. The landing strip at
Stengel Field extended from near the intersection on back into woods, and the
hanger was near Archer Road, further to the west, and bordered by a trailer
park.

Having moved to Gainesville when it was a small cracker town with nearly all
the stores clustered around the courthouse, it seems unbelievable that it has
become what it is today. America changes so fast, I guess you can't go back; at
least in Florida.

Gerry

---
http://www.avg.com