Hey y'all!

I have a dehumidifier that is frustrating. Everytime I give up and figure it is time to change the motor, it works fine. Whenever I am about to pronounce it cured, the fan motor won't start. Since I got it 10-15 yrs ago, the bearings in the fan motor get tight and the motor won't start and won't run. Last year, I took the motor out a couple times to free up the bearings and oil the snot out of it., and once tried to change it, but every motor I had ran the wrong direction, so I kept running it. At the start of the humid season, I again took it out, oiled it, made sure it is turning freely, and put it back together. I took ot off the humidistat, and ran it a week solid, and it runs fine, and is free turning. The problem comes when I try to let it run on the humidistat. once it has been running, shuts off, the fan won't start up again unless I start it by hand.

yeah, I know, I have wasted a lot of time with this POS, but the scrounger in me wants to keep it running if I can.

Here is the question. The symptoms remind me of a furnace blower motor with a bad capacitor. So, for the EEs, would this motor start better with a capacitor hooked in the circuit, and if so, what size?

Changing the motor is plain simple, but changing the fan blade will be a PITA, so i'm still trying to avoid that.

It only needs to make it a few more months, as the house is for sale.

TIA.