I would add - "yet" to Autopilot Does_not_work. Early Sperry auto-pilots in
aircraft killed a few people as well - but auto-pilot is just short of
standard equipment now, and most of your airliner rides are flown by a
computer. Yes, driving a car is far more complex than keeping an aircraft
straight and level and following a GPS course, but they'll get the bugs
worked out in another 30 to 50 years . . .

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

>  Autopilot Does_not_work.
>
> I had my yearly physicians appointment today and we were discussing
> different things. One thing that came up is a young physician that recently
> died in a single car auto accident. He was showing off his new
> Infinity with Pro pilot or some such autonomous driving feature to my
> doctor. He remarked to my doctor he could probably sleep while it did the
> driving.
>
> I suspect that sentiment cost him his life.
>
> http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/coroner-doctor-
> dies-in-single-vehicle-crash-on-toll-road/article_bdbe746c-
> 3175-5c1a-b4f3-b24bd1b2de98.html#utm_source=nwitimes.com&
> utm_campaign=%2Femail-updates%2Fbreaking%2F&utm_medium=email&utm_content=
> F16BB8682923D6A57EF91E25A80E537F60855CBF
> Rick

OK Don

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg