OK, all good points, and I hear them. Just a "Little Question" however....
that has to be answered first...

Where are you going to get the power to charge all these electric vehicles
that are going to "take over how the world drives"?

The electric power grid is falling apart. There are elements of it that are
over 100 years old and patched together. First ice storm.. or wind storm..
the grid goes down.
What will power the new power plants necessary to support the grid load of
even a few thousand electric cars plugged in overnight? What is the lead
time to get approval for a new power plant, distribution lines? etc etc et
al.

Electric car/ hybrid is a grand scheme... but it's missing a whole lot of
pieces to really make it work.