FLORIDAAlligator kills woman walking her dogsPublished: Monday, June 11,
2018

Authorities have recovered the body of a missing Florida woman after some
of her remains were found inside an alligator.

Shizuka Matsuki, 47, had last been seen walking her dogs Friday morning,
according to the Davie Police Department.

A man called the police when he spotted her dogs running loose and then saw
an alligator in a nearby lake.

Officials removed a 12-foot, 6-inch alligator from the lake Friday
afternoon and discovered human remains inside, the Florida Fish and
Wildlife Conservation Commission said in a statement.

The remains were identified by Matsuki's brother, who recognized her
distinctive arm tattoo, according to WSVN, a Fox affiliate.

"We would like to extend our heartfelt condolences to the family and
friends of Shizuka Matsuki," the wildlife commission said in a statement on
Twitter.

There are around 1.3 million alligators in Florida, but unprovoked attacks
resulting in serious injury are rare, according to the commission's
website. The last death occurred in 2016, when a 2-year-old boy was killed
at a Disney resort (Christina Caron, *New York Times*
<https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/09/us/florida-alligator-woman.html>, June
9). *— MJ*