I don't think I told you lot about changing the oil in our 2010 Dodge RAM a
couple weeks ago.I've been having Valvoline "Instant Oil Change" do the job but
around 7,500 miles the lifters would start to tick so a couple weeks ago I did
a change with M1 5w20. I even got an M1 filter since Wal-Mart only carries Fram
and I know better...
The oil filter on the truck (5.7l hemi) points straight up so its kind of
messy, fortunately theres plenty of space so you don't have to get much on you.
The filter the Valvoline guys had put on was a full 3/4" smaller in diameter
than the M1 filter. The seal was the same size and the new one doesn't leak but
the filter body was bigger.
Theres always been a ticking noise on startup that goes away (presumably with
oil pressure) after a couple seconds, with M1 that time is noticeably shorter.
Idle seems to be smoother too. We'll see how it does in 7500 miles...
-Curt