On Mar 24, 2006, at 10:52 AM, Dave M. wrote:

Ditto what Jim said. I bet the odo is also off ~25%. Sounds to me like
someoned changed the Euro kph speedo to a USA mph version, but ignored
the fact that the axle ratios are different. You can't order a drive
gear, the trannies all output the same signal. You have to match the
speedometer with the axle ratio. So if I'm right, you'll have to
figure out what axle ratio you have now, then figure out what USA
model used the same axle, and get a used speedo from that car. Or, get
a conversion box to go in between to adjust the 25% error.

:)

-dm

This is not an electronic speedo it is cable driven just like all my earlier 201s BTW my Euro 190D is an 86. There has to be different gear sets available for cars equipped with different engines and transmissions due to the fact that they all use different final drive ratios. Once I know for sure that the rear-end ratios are the same or different and fix the odometer i will know what to do.
        Are you able to find that info on a euro spec car?

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am