After about 3 hours of screwing around with this riding mower I have it looks
like one or more of the “safety “ switches has/have gone inop.

It seems to have 3, one on the seat which can be overridden if you set the
brake (it will keep running when you get off), one on the mower engaging lever
which I guess shuts off the thing if you get off with the mower engaged whether
the brake is set or not, and one on the brake/clutch pedal.

The symptom starting yesterday when I was trying to load it on the trailer was
it wouldn’t keep running with me on the seat and releasing the brake/clutch to
move. Kept cutting out. Mower not engaged. Suggests the seat switch is bad?

I shorted the seat switch but in taking it apart it has NC stamped in the
contacts so maybe it opens when you sit on it. Have to get the meter on it, I
haven’t done that yet. Probably should have done that to begin with.

Removing the pedal switch requires taking apart the whole machine, it has 6
wires going into it as does the brake catch.

Whatever is wrong it still won’t run when I try to move it. Bah.

Time for a beer.

--FT
Sent from iPhone