Yesterday I diagnosed a low MPG problem with an infrared thermometer.
When one front brake is 100 deg and the other is 160, you know where the
problem is.

After installing a refurb caliper, I took it for a short drive without touching
the brakes, ran it up to 70mph and then coasted to a stop on an uphill.
At 85 ambient, the rear drums were 87 and 89.
The front disks were 95 and 96. (the new caliper was the 95)

Is about 10 degrees over ambient about the best you can hope for from disk
brakes, or is it possible to get the drag lower than that?

Mitch.