yep, sounds like the b2 pistion for sure. Somebody around here has a writeup on it which I need to post to the website.

Daniel Konow wrote:

Hello List I send the follwing Email earlier to a different list and got a kind answer from Larry T. who has a good guess about the problem my 81 300SD is facing. He suggested to join this list and bother you guys with my tech problem.. So here we are. Any reply is greatly appreciated!!!!

So my good old 81 300SD decided to give us serious trouble: Going shopping and entering the parking lot, we had to stop and then, still in D for drive the tranny decided that forward is no more. So, the tranny clicks still, when I put in in D, L or S but nothing happend except the engine revs up. It wants to go reverse though, no problem this way.... However now it sits in the rain on the paking lot and won't move. The tranny recently got a new filter and fluid and it ran much smoother after that. and now..... Any ideas what went wrong? Anybody had the same experience and what the heck can I do about it.
Thanks for all answeres!!!!
Daniel

Larry T. wrote: There's a piston in the transmission called the B2 -- it fails and you get what you got! I suggest you join us on the Diesel list - I'm not very familiar with the B2 problem except the symptoms - but there are many on the Diesel list who can describe the fix - you maybe able to fix it yourself! To subscribe visit - http://www.striplin.net Good luck - Sincerely, Larry T