Testo manifolds are good too.  Fieldpiece has a nicer controls and displays
(IMO) but Testo units are more compact and some have Bluetooth for remote temp
sensors and smart phone interface.

I need to check but I doubt these units have pressure-temp curves for
Envirosafe.

Going back to the White Wale, I think temp measurements at both refrigerant
lines will be needed to know what's going on.  Automotive systems are
complicated by the fact that the variable compressor speed and variable air
flow/temp across the condenser coil.  Still, using the ES pressure-temp data it
should be possible to see if the refrigerant is condensing to liquid, say at
idle.