I have four unused Android phones, often thought about making dash cams of
them, but when running camera software (like Open Camera) they run hot in the
house, would probably overheat and shut down in a parked car. It is interesting
to set them for motion activation and see what the dog does when I'm not home.
Also end up with lots of videos started by the sun going behind a cloud and
other useless 'motion'. A pair of them would capture the clown who backs into
my front or rear bumper, but wouldn't catch the guy who deliberately slams his
pickup door into mine and leaves an inch deep dent.

Mitch.