You should check that out, may be a "buy my failed project" deal but maybe
they'll get more reasonable on the price.  How did they make the engine
fit?  Custom oil pan?  I think putting an OM617 into the R107 engine bay is
a challenge because the engine is too high, so custom work needed (engine
arms and mounts and oil pan) to get it to sit low enough so the hood closes.

Non-running car, with a major conversion, is not worth anything like that
price.  If it were running / driving, maybe.  I think I'd offer around
$1000 at the most, if they can demonstrate that the engine starts and the
car moves back and forth with no major drama.  If the car doesn't move,
$500.  Too much risk that anything could be wrong, from transmission /
driveshaft / rear end to suspension to HVAC to...
Max
Charleston SC