Two high pressure systems to the north.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Turner via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Larry Turner" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Flo

I keep wondering how the forecasters predicted Florence to gain and hold strength until it hit land. What little I know saw the same with high water temps and nothing in the way of steering winds to block it. It started at Force 4 and hit at Force 2. Do we not understand hurricanes? Are the reporting devices (buoys, etc) not working properly? Did something appear like a new High or Low pressure area to weaken or steer it?

Anyone know?

LarryT