Plan to get change that and see what happens - thanks again for your help

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marshall Booth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 Wagon Steering - Possible Bad Power Steering Pump

Dave Wakin wrote:
Thanks for the reply Marshall -

The car has never been in an accident and the problem doesn't seem to be
temperature related as it did it on the way to work today (about 20 or so
out).

I will check the ball joints.

Would a clogged filter do this? What has me confused is after I turned and moved the plastic piece inside the reservoir, the steering seemed to be much
better (didn't drive, just moved wheels side to side).

Clearly worth changing the filter and fluid to see if it helps. Ball
joints commonly fail after 150-200kmi. If one is bad, it's prudent to
replace both as they have seen the same service and commonly wear at the
same rate.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi