Hi all!

So I've got an 82 300td and I've put in about zero
maintence in the two years I have had it.  Just bought
it and drove it off the lot.

Since then, i've noticed that it has progressively
gotten louder.  Some 300t's I see go down the road
just purrr.  Mine sounds like an old panzer clanking
along.

So I figured a good spot to start, would be setting
the valves.

However, I haven't set valves since high school and
only then on a old VW bug.

I've seen some reference to some special wrenches that
make the job MUCH eaiser.  My question to the group...
 Are there any other "gotcha's, quirks, or tricks"
that I should know about up front?

Just find TDC and start from there?  (as I remember it
was fairly simple to set the valves ont he VW, but
this 300td has all sorts of linkage and hoses and such
that seem to have to be removed first!

zoiks!

Tahnks in advance for any insight!

-hue-