I don't think there were any documented customer cancer cases from those, but
some employees who demonstrated them on their own feet several times a day got
messed up bad.
Along with some of the girls who painted radium markings on instrument faces
for the military, and played with the glowing paint on work breaks.

Was it Buster Brown that made the shoe sizing x-ray machines?
I didn't know that.
Mitch.