Here's 7 years of backyard boatbuilding fun to give you an idea of what
you're in for:

https://youtu.be/KWe75FAM8AQ

They make sense if you decide to cruise around the world or live aboard.
Otherwise its just a hole in the water into which you pour money.

The nicest ones are small and efficient. Power catamarans or similar that
do 20 kts on 20hp sipping fuel.