On 15/11/2018 10:45 PM, clay monroe via Mercedes wrote:
I do not call the shots on this.  I do cash, she does big money.  My cars come
to me for low money, engine repair is big money.  Fresh “reliable” cars are big
money too.  The POS PITA W220 was supposed to be a good car. It was for a year
and a half.

clay monroe
Have you had a serious discussion with SWMBO? Is her dislike of your Mercedes hobby tied to the troubles you have had with the cars or is it something else? My guess is that she may not appreciate your customization of the cars. I know my wife would not look favourably on the "hot wheels" car or the imitation police car. If you kept them stock looking, would they be less objectionable? A reasonably shiny classic Mercedes is generally considered a nice car by most folks who may have no clue about how old they are.

RB