He is very fortunate that one of them did not have a real gun. Based upon his description and the machete, the cops would have called it self defence

RB

On 16/11/2018 3:26 PM, OK Don via Mercedes wrote:
"Homeowner Evan Luongo
<https://www.wcvb.com/article/homeowner-pulls-machete-on-would-be-robbers/25096486>said
he was listening to meditation music in his room trying to fall asleep at
about 8 p.m. Monday when he heard glass breaking and someone inside.

He grabbed his machete to investigate and found two teenagers ā€“ one with a
BB gun and one with a knife -- in his office.

Luongo told the pair to give up and get on the floor -- and they did. He
then called police.

ā€œI have a shaved head, a crazy beard, I work out, climb mountains, run
races, Iā€™m covered in tattoos and I was in my underwear with a machete. I
think most people are going to comply with that guy,ā€ Luongo said.

Police arrested Adelson Fedna, 19, of Medford, and a 16-year-old Malden
teen. They were charged with armed burglary."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/homeowner-pulls-machete-on-would-be-robbers/ar-BBPHQF7?li=BBnbfcL