SWMBA seems morally against the marque.

It clashes with her perceived identity as a nice person.  That I gather to
myself the bottom feeder sort of car, and those tend to require a reasonable
investment to update, this is deemed to be a “waste” of money.

My perspective is otherwise.  I see them as more fiscally responsible than
paying for newer cars which will probably require a significant investment to
keep them in good repair.  The W220 was a decade old when it came my way.  In
the four years I drove it, repair costs equalled purchase price.  At the point
of SLS and cluster failure, I had tossed close to $5k in 12 months at it.
Those repairs would have upped it to another $6k.  Car would not meet KBB for
those repairs.

Dan may be very well versed in how to make the newer cars worth owning, but I
am only capable of keeping simple old cars on the road with what little cash I
have and a few band aids.

clay monroe
redgh...@comcast.net