Thanks!
Larry

On 11/25/2018 7:38 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Remove battery cables, or at least the ground.
Turn key to ON.  be sure steering is unlocked.
Remove washer tank.
Unhook small wire at solenoid
Unhook battery cable at solenoid
Jack up the front end (floor jack under front crossmember)
Jackstands under lift pads
crawl under from the front.
remove 2 bolts at starter  17MM take a breaker bar and a ratchet. I used 1/2" drive. Turn tires to allow the starter to slip out from underneath, clearing the tierod, arm, centerlink.
Inspect driveshaft flex disks while you are under there.

It takes maybe 30-45 min.   Mine took considerably longer cause I had to go to FLAPS for terminals and HF for a crimper, then put the terminal on.

Larry Turner via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 25, 2018 at 6:19 PM
How much trouble was the R&R of the starter?
Mine's OK as far as I know, but I like to plan ahead ;-)

Thanks,
LarryT

LarryT
Youroil.net