Dan,

      What you mentioned about furniture and other old things is sadly true.
Young people today want disposable dinnerware, less furniture, and lack any
idea of quality and the craftsmanship it takes to create quality.  Our sales
have declined over the last few years.  We never really dealt in furniture,
especially big stuff.  We see it at auctions and estate sales and it goes for
really cheap prices...sad to see.  Young folks display big TVs, electronic
gizmos, etc. etc. , things that wear out and are disposable.  They use cheap
dinnerware and flatware and glasses, none of which need a nice hutch,
sideboard, or cabinet to display.  Holding a fine piece of silver flatware in
your hand and comparing it to the cheap Wal-Mart offerings is amazing.  I help
my wife polish silverware when we get new pieces to keep or to sell.  It's
pleasing to see the craftsmanship that went into things made in the 1700s,
1800s, and early 1900s.  The feel is just amazing.

     So, if you have some old nice items, value them, use them, and display
them.  Let them bring you joy, especially at the holidays.

Best Wishes,

Roger

Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.