-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of kevin kraly
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 2:21 AM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: [MBZ] driveshaft removal for towing

Hello everyone!

A 1979 300CD may be following us home on Sunday.  Due to lack of an
extra
driver  and since it has a cracked-up windshield that may be unsafe,
we're
planning on using a tow dolly.  Auto tranny cars can't be towed on their

rear wheels without serious tranny problems resulting, so I want to
disconnect the rear portion of the driveshaft at the differential.  Do I

have to do anything more besides removing the flex disk bolts?  How
easily
is this done?  Do I have to do anything with the center support to make
things easier?

TIA!

Kevin, Benzless  in Hillsboro Oregon