But the questions remain:

Who is going to pay for the "Free" charge?
Who is going to pay for all the cable to the charging stations?
Who is going to pay for all the new generating capacity?
Where will all these new generating plants be built?   (Remember, the more dense the population, the more NIMBY applies)
What fuel will be BURNED to generate all this new electricity?
What is the net difference between all the fuel BURNED to build all the generators, generate the Lektrick, install and maintain all the cables and charging stations, build all the Lektrick cars, build the replacement bat-trees, etc etc etc.????

The "emissions" from your Lektrick car will be dispensed in MY backyard!   What gives you the right to put YOUR "emissions" in MY backyard????     Can I dump my sewage in YOUR backyard without you screaming?