Yeah I was kinda surprised at this one I got, it really isn't that big.  The 2012 ML seemed bigger, maybe it was the later design or something.

Supposedly the AWD system makes them pretty good in the slippery stuff and off-road (and they have some good ground clearance) but I never drove in anything like that with one so really can't say. I'm sure Mipsie never takes hers off-road except to the parking area at the soccer field when she takes Kammerrin, MacQenzi, Xanthippe, and DahQota to soccer practice.

--FT