The top will make some pretty nasty sounding sounds, especially the locks that
are in the top of the windshield frame.  All perfectly normal but takes some
getting used to.

Kudos on the t-stat.  Must be a lot easier to do on the V12 as compared to the
V8.  It’s a real pig to do on the M119.  What’s worse is that it looks really,
really easy.

-D