On Sun, Oct 28, 2018, 8:04 PM Curley McLain via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com wrote:

> BEST THING TO DO IS TO TAKE THE SIDE COVER OFF THE IP,

You were right as usual, thanks! Jack pulled the cover and got everything
loosened up.  We buttoned the rest of the 300sdl up a few days ago and
drove it around the driveway this morning.  Tires hold air, got up to temp,
even idles okay now.  A little slow but hopefully I can visit the Italians
once we get a current plate on it.

We are tracking just three issues:
- a fuel leak in the return line on the back of the IP - I probably whacked
it trying get the freeze plug in.  I hope we can replace the line without
taking the intake manifold off again.
- coolant might be leaking?  Or maybe we are just sloppy, and it's
burping.  However the replaced freeze plug does not seem to be leaking, so
yay!
- I had to pull the alarm, and now the horn does not work.

Otherwise we're really close for the state inspection.  For having been
parked seven plus years I'm pleasantly surprised!

Merry Christmas all!  Thanks as always!
-Tim