Joe Knight wrote:

While the wagon's being dealt with we've had to fall back on the '80
300D as a backup.  It's doing fine except the servo's gone belly up
again and after wasting way too much effort in trying to revive it I'm
really tired of dealing with that particular Rube Goldberg device; so
I'm thinking of investing in the Unwired Tools replacement for it and
the amp. Anybody in these parts had experience with same? Impressions?
Sent out an email before this, but it was too big. Sorry for the double post if Kaleb approves it....

Or you could wait for my senior design project to finish ;) Its a replacement similar to the Unwired tools, but should be about half the price ($350). The most expensive part of the whole project is the vacuum valves ($125 for four) so if you want to find some used ones you should be able to reduce that cost even further.

The minimum qty of PCBs my fabhouse lets me get is 5, so I should have some prototypes for "beta testing" if you would like to have one.

If you would like to do some reading about here is the almost 80 page design document from last semester... It is a little out of date, but is still very accurate as far as capabilities, etc.
http://starquake.ath.cx/svn/dacc/DocDevelopment/DesignDocument.doc

If you would like to see source code (its ugly, but it works), schematics, pcb, datasheets of most everything, BOM, etc. you can look on my website at: http://starquake.ath.cx/svn/dacc/

Anybody else on the list interested in these? I'd like to actually make them after senior design is over (and I can sleep again). John
'79 300SD