Doing the second gen w126 front brake upgrade on the 123. Ordered all the
stuff today. New backing plates was the most expensive item. More than
rebuilt calipers. It needed new rotors anyway and I am very tired of the
rotors warping after stopping fast at lights.

126 calipers require 15" wheels, so now I have nothing stopping me, pardon
the pun. Anyway I am now running 225/60 r15s on the 85td. That is what the
wheels came with. Kumho Ecstar. Definitely notice the slight decrease in
get up and go, but the ride is tons better. Havent done sunset at speed
yet, so will see about cornering. But the car looks really pretty with this
setup, rides better and can still cruise up the sepulveda pass at 80, so
overall a success. Might do 225/50 next time just to compare.