Are the lighter weight oils mostly intended to improve fuel economy? A lot of engines seem to call for 5W20 these days but in the heat of summer, one might think that 10W30 might be better. I know someone on here suggested that looking in the owner's manual for information on the use of different weights in different seasons (maybe Dan), but I have yet to remember to look in the book while in the vehicle.

RB