Howdy,
When I work on cars I'm often faced with the need to replace fasteners. In the past, I headed for Lowes, Home Depot or if during the week and I needed something "odd" I'd go to the local fastener store. Or, ... I'd rummage thru my drawers of "old stuff that I can't bear to throw away because I might need it someday" hoping to find 6 "8mm x 1.25 x 30mm" bolts with flat washers. Which are the bolts I needed for my AT Pan. The bolts in place had rust and corrosion on them - I guess MB thought they could use cheap stuff after spending all that money on those shields.

Anyway - those days of long searches are over. I bought several plastic boxes with various groups of SAE and Metric fasteners. I went to the metric box and found the proper replacement bolts and washers - exactly like the ones that I recently removed - except they;re new. ;-)

Anyway - if you'd like to try an assortment, I bought mine from www.boltdepot.com for around $23 per set. Much cheaper if the fasteners were purchased seperately.

Have a nice Saturday --
Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 91 300D Turbo)
A Blood Test for your oil - www.youroil.net
For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
Weber Carb Stuff http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For my Paint Job Info