I got an answer from one of my finnie forum buddies.

Seems that yellow paint was used on the production lines as an inspection mark,
so it can be ignored.

That means I have a red paint mark.

According to the service manual table for spring spacers, I need a 6mm for the
left (driver’s) side and a 3mm for the right.

There are only two spacers available for the compensating spring, 3mm and 6mm.

Problem solved!

-D