Big snowstorm due here this weekend so we went to prep the groomers today. I
was surprised, the ASV didn't want to start even though it was only about 25F.
I plugged it in and it started after about 15 minutes on the heat but sounded
kind of weird and the accelerator linkage was sticky, it'd stick in most any
position you put it in. That weird, I lubricated it a few months ago. This
thing has a huge amount of moving parts to connect the go pedal up front to the
IP in the rear AND the hydraulic pump that makes it move, the go pedal
essentially pushes a hydraulic lever and pulls the IP at the same time which
makes for a lot of pedal pressure.
Anyway I shut 'er down and determined it wasn't the pedal, then strangely the
problem went away but the dang thing WOULD NOT restart. Crap.
I left it plugged in and we went to run parts and have lunch, an hour later I
put the heat gun on the fuel filter until it was warm to the touch, the engine
started with just a touch on the key...
Guess there was a little water in the fuel line, could a little ice jam up the
IP internally? We added some Power Service and I ran it for awhile, the fuel
filter gets quite warm in operation so the engine must recirculate warm fuel to
it.
We'll know more, Monday its supposed to be wicked cold, like 5F for the high,
I'll plug in first thing in the morning...
-Curt