On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 13:14:44 -0500 (EST) Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> My 1979 does not.
> Originally sold in Georgia.
> It came with a coupon for a free heater, but the coupon expired a year
> or two after the car was first titled.

Our '72 220D/8 did not and it was sold in Colorado!

In about 1984, I had to install one myself -- I had to take the radiator
out and then use a 3/4" allen wrench (19 mm = 0.748") and a LONG pipe to
provide leverage. I lifted the front of the car rather noticabley when I
went to remove it. The CRACK when the machining plug let loose had me
panicked that I had broken the engine block, but I had not. Installation
of the block heater was simple and straightforward after that.

Craig