Have not had it low enough to see if the low fuel light comes on or not. It does start moving off full right away, and also doesnt seem to ever go all the way to full

Jim Cathey wrote:

Mine seems to move down with the flow of fuel, just goes down WAY too
fast off full.

You correlate that against the low-fuel lamp?  If _it's_ right but
the gauge bottoms out then the sender has too much resistance for
things as they stand.  Either it's dirty in a rather unusual way,
it's the wrong part somehow, or the calibration in the instrument
cluster is way out of whack.  I think there's a resistor in the
cluster for the gauge, but I don't yet know its story.

Does it stay at full too long?  Should start moving off of it
in less than 100 miles it seems to me.  (Having never yet driven
a 201, of course.  Soon!)

-- Jim